Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wrap Up

This project was so fun. It was a great experience to step back and look at myself and what I want to do with my life. Learning sign language was not an easy task, and I learned that with challenges I take them head on. In the end, learning a third language really payed off. I think having a job with something that involves languages would be really cool, but I also have many other things that I want to do with my life. I want to be a nurse, I want to be a homicide detective, work in forensics, I want to travel the world, I want to have a family, and after this project I want to be an interpreter. I accomplished a lot. I learned many different signs and how to properly use them in a conversation. I learned how to sing in sign language, which was a really tough thing to do because the fast tempo of the music calls for a quicker signing of words. For those of you who are doing the genius project next year, STAY ON TRACK WITH YOUR PLAN!! I managed to stay on track and I think that it took a lot of stress away. Also, don't get flustered if you do not meet your goal that day. Just make sure to alter your plan and complete the work that you didn't before you start procrastinating and prolonging it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8UOKPZ5DRDUTnZhbmUyb3lEUG51NkFpbFhYVVE4WTBpRzg4
This is the video of me singing the song Candyman in sign language. In class, I did a performance to compare signing in the English sentence structure and signing in the American Sign Language (ASL) sentence structure. I was originally going to do a side by side video, but I'm not very tech savvy and I couldn't figure out how to send videos to my computer. I only could send one.


This is the album cover for Aloe Blacc's song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment