Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Road to Learning

So far, with the help of ASL University online lessons and a helpful video, I have learned family, food, places, feelings, clothing, health, questions/requests, colors, temperatures, and some animals. Learning ASL has been really enjoyable and rewarding. I have been practicing by myself at home, in class, and even during volleyball practice. After I had finished my math final, I started to sign to myself, even though people were looking at me a little funny. My goal today is to finish the video that teaches you 100 basic signs in sign language. I am going to master all of these signs before I move on to starting the lessons because I will then build a solid foundation for continuing my learning. I'm really looking forward to learning and practicing more animal signs, money signs and amounts. 


1 comment:

  1. I really like your topic! You seem to have made amazing progress so far. One thing I'm wondering is will you continue to expand your knowledge on the topic after the project is over?
    Also, your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete