Monday, May 16, 2016

Singing in Sign Language

For my final product for this project, I will perform a song in the ASL sentence structure and in the English sentence structure in order to show others the differences and similarities between using these types of structures. I will perform the song Candyman by Zedd, which was remade from Sammy Davis Jr. to celebrate the 75th anniversary of M&M's. I chose this song because it seems fairly simple to perform due to its length and I really enjoy this song. So far I have learned most of the first verse, and I plan to learn the first bridge today in class. By the end of this week, I hope to learn the whole song in the English sentence structure. I realize that it is short notice since next week we will need to begin to prepare for our presentations, but English sentence structure requires a lot more words than the ASL structure. I will already know how to sign the words, so I will only need to practice them in the other structure before I present. Can't wait to learn the whole song!

The pictures above are how to sign "candyman" in ASL. 

This is the commercial that was created in commemoration of the candy M&M's, which has the song in it. 

1 comment: